Position Description: Administrative Assistant
Location: Lockhart Chamber of Commerce
Reports to: President but under coordination with Director of Membership and Board of Directors
This position provides diversified administrative duties to the President/CEO, the Board of Directors, and Committee Chairs. Duties also include social media execution, project support on all major events, and membership services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Must display a willingness to learn about the mission of the Lockhart Chamber and purpose of serving members.
2. Presents professional, courteous, and helpful image to membership, general public, vendors and staff.
3. Prepares materials for board meetings and orientations, attends board meetings and other committee meetings.
4. Maintains confidentiality of members and staff.
5. Assists with the creation of print and electronic publications, and distribution of publications; filing.
6. Assists logistically with Chamber events, networking events, and luncheons.
7. Assists will Chisholm Trail Roundup duties including moving and delivery of equipment, research, communication with vendors and committee, ticket sales, and sponsorship sales.
8. Update social media and website as needed.
9. Answer telephone inquiries.
10. Performs other duties assigned.
Essential Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Ability to think critically from a strategic perspective and also creatively from an integrated marketing perspective.
2. Ability to collect and organize information for program use.
3. Ability to establish and maintain effect working relationships.
4. Ability to use independent judgment, initiative and discretion in performing the duties assigned.
5. Computer, information technology and social media skills.
6. Communication skills: a. Excellent verbal and presentation skills. b. Excellent writing and editing skills. c. Strong interpersonal skills. d. Effective listing and an ability to communicate effectively.
Qualifications, Training and Experience:
1. PC and word-processing experience.
2. Understanding of social media and ability to assist with social media marketing tasks.
3. Ability to take direction/ability to take initiative.
4. Some lifting and carrying required.
5. Must have reliable transportation to run daily errands such as going to the bank and post office (will be reimbursed for mileage).
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $10.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Lockhart, TX 78644 (Required)
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Running errands
- Stocking supplies
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Managing social media
- Greeting visitors
Company's Facebook page:
To apply for the position, please visit our job posting on indeed.com or email a resume to email@example.com.